Wolf Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Different Continue Story: A World of Lies

4 posters

Go down

A Different Continue Story: A World of Lies Empty A Different Continue Story: A World of Lies

Post  Tundra Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:26 pm

A World of Lies

A thin fog settled over the forest, covering my home with a damp blanket of mist. The world spun before my eyes, dizziness getting worse with every passing second.
“Hey Birch, you ok?” Maple, my cousin, wasn’t fooled when I weakly mumbled:
“I’m fine…”
I can never seem to know why or how it happens, every time another sparrow looked down from the tree, they were always fine. Whenever I did it, a horrible dizziness came over my senses, and I was forced to lie down for fear of falling. I’d tried flying, too, only to feel the same thing. I was useless, and everyone knew it.
Tundra
Tundra

Back to top Go down

A Different Continue Story: A World of Lies Empty Re: A Different Continue Story: A World of Lies

Post  Swift Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:25 am

But they didnt say it. Maple just encourages me.
I don't know why she even tries. My mother shows it, though.
She turns her back on me. But all I can say is.... I can't help it.
Swift
Swift

Back to top Go down

A Different Continue Story: A World of Lies Empty Re: A Different Continue Story: A World of Lies

Post  Tundra Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:07 pm

So I keep trying. Uselessly. Even I know it. The world will spin forever, no matter how hard I tried. I'll never be any help to my friends. Frustrated, I shouted angrily at Maple.
"Fine! I'm not okay! Course you already knew that, being so perfect and all! I'm worthless, and you know it!"

No one knew how wrong I was.
Tundra
Tundra

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:02 pm

When I saw maple fly away, I felt upset.
Why couldnt I fly? It wasnt fair.
I wanted to try. Again. I realised I wasnt going to give up.
So I hopped of the ree, spread my wings, and let he wind carry me freely. I felt dizzy almost straight away,
and went crashing down into the forest. Then I realised something. Where was I?
Swift
Swift

Back to top Go down

Post  Tundra Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:47 pm

The forest was full of smells. Who knew the world could be so big? I heard rustling in the leaves and started up. A cat-like creature with dried blood smeared on his muzzle was creeping towards me. I squeaked in alarm.
"W-Who are you? What are you?"
"Living alone, one doesn't need a name." The creature replied dryly. "And what am I doesn't matter. All that matters is that I've found my dinner, and it's not about to get away."

Fear crashed over me in waves. The second the creature sprang after me I realized: With or without feeling the wind in my wings, I was about to die.
Tundra
Tundra

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisper Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:51 am

(hey if you wrote you were about to die, then they would all know you didn't because you lived to tell the tale. so i'm gonna mash things up a bit)

A massive paw struck me on my feathery chest and i was pinned to the leafy ground, the sharp claws of the beast digging in to my skin. i tried to chirp out in pain but no sound came out. i lay, helpless and straining to breathe, and listened to my heart pounding in my chest. then i thought: I dont want to die. Im not going to give up that easily. I'm going to fight till my last breath, i will.
And then: why hasn't it killed me yet???
i dared to look up at its furry, grey face and red muzzle. the horrifying creature glared back at me with a mortifying death stare, and i gasped at my thoughts. there was no way a puny little bird, not even GOOD at his own game, flying, could defeat a hideous monster, was there? stab, and i was dead.

(ok, heres the mash up)

the audience cheered, clapped, screamed our names. i took off my mask, grabbed chase's hand, and together we bowed, taking in the moment.

i walked behind the curtains, changed into normal clothes and walked out back to mum and dad, who were waiting for me in the car. "Great job, Luci!" mum cried, hugging me. "That was an excellent play,"

"Thanks," i smiled.
Whisper
Whisper

Back to top Go down

Post  Tundra Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:09 pm

No fair! XD Nice twist though.
And what use are all the thoughts if it's just a play?
Tundra
Tundra

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisper Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:53 am

thats the point. there isnt one, really. i sort of like to either keep people guessing, or try and tie some humour into it. which is odd, i guess, coz there ain't much of that in my life at the moment.
Whisper
Whisper

Back to top Go down

Post  Harp Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Mostly I'm depressed in my life.
Harp
Harp

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisper Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 am

ah, i see that. i would say that I am depressed, rather a big fat snob.
Whisper
Whisper

Back to top Go down

Post  Tundra Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:44 am

Depression isn't that big of a deal (except for the point that you're sad for a long long time). Talk to therapists. Even my physical therapist helped me with my emotions.
Tundra
Tundra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tundra Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Whisper wrote:
A massive paw struck me on my feathery chest and i was pinned to the leafy ground, the sharp claws of the beast digging in to my skin. i tried to chirp out in pain but no sound came out. i lay, helpless and straining to breathe, and listened to my heart pounding in my chest. then i thought: I dont want to die. Im not going to give up that easily. I'm going to fight till my last breath, i will.
And then: why hasn't it killed me yet???
i dared to look up at its furry, grey face and red muzzle. the horrifying creature glared back at me with a mortifying death stare, and i gasped at my thoughts. there was no way a puny little bird, not even GOOD at his own game, flying, could defeat a hideous monster, was there? stab, and i was dead.
the audience cheered, clapped, screamed our names. i took off my mask, grabbed chase's hand, and together we bowed, taking in the moment.
i walked behind the curtains, changed into normal clothes and walked out back to mum and dad, who were waiting for me in the car. "Great job, Luci!" mum cried, hugging me. "That was an excellent play,"
"Thanks," i smiled.

I SHALL CONTINUE!

That scene flashed through my mind, though of course it wasn't true. I had often watched humans perform plays . . . how I wished I was a human, performing a play now.
It took me a moment to realize I wasn't dead yet. A huge truck was driving through; it had frightened the fox away. There was a child in the back. Somehow she saw me. I heard them murmur in jibberish about something, then the big man got out of the truck. Before I could blink I was far, far away from everything I had once called my home.
Tundra
Tundra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down